August 6, 2008

I've just been zapped by electricity help? - Best Answer by Pinky Leong on Yahoo! Answers



YAHOO BEST ANSWER


Question posted by missima

I've just been zapped by electricity help?

I was rearranging my computer and when I wanted to plug in the sound in the back of my computer, I merely touched the surface behind it and it zapped me - it hurt so much and my whole body felt weird, it was horrible. But I'm alive. Should I be ok now that it's over or did it just permanently damage me and will my heart just randomly stop sometime today? I'm quite scared that there will be consequences of this. I really have no idea about these things.


3 days ago


Best Answer - Chosen by Asker


By Pinky Leong

I was first zapped when I was 13 yrs old, touched a live wire. The impact threw me away, and luckily I survived. Subsequently, I have had some minor brushes with electricity but not as violent as that first one.Yeah, it is a real horrible feeling.Nothing untoward has happened to me, and I am talking about the last 40 years.

Anyway, your heart won't randomly stop someday on account of this incident, rest assured. If the surge was massive enough at that point in time to stop your heart, it would have happened then, not out of the blue at some later stage.So speaking from experience, put this behind you. There shouldn't be any consequences from it.Somebody else in my family also survived an electrocution, and she's fine after 30 years.

3 days ago

No comments: